Hiscox in the community
We believe that companies can play a positive role in local communities, beyond creating economic benefits through employment.
Our policy is to contribute to Bermuda based charities principally in the areas of:
- Youth and family
- The environment
- The elderly, disadvantaged and vulnerable persons
- Education and sports
How we get involved is driven largely by our employees and any member of staff can nominate a Bermuda registered charity for assistance.
Hiscox Bermuda is the proud sponsor of the Hiscox 11 and under youth Cricket League providing a structured and fun way for boys and girls to get involved and develop their skills. We are also the lead sponsor of Reef Watch – a citizen-science initiative advancing coral reef conservation.
We also look to invest in initiatives that provide an opportunity for employees to play an active role. This includes our involvement in the Keep Bermuda Beautiful’s “Adopt an Area” initiative. Our area is Coney Island Park where we remove litter and other discarded items throughout the year. We also take part in YouthNet’s Reading Mentoring programme and once a week visit the first year students at Northlands Primary School to read with them.
Recent charitable initiatives
- Bermuda Sloop Foundation — providing character and educational development for young people through sail training on the Spirit of Bermuda
- Chain Reaction — anti-bullying and self-esteem building service in Bermuda's schools
- The Family Centre — strenghtens families and support systems to create a healthier Bermuda for our children
- WindReach — enriches the quality of life for all people, especially those with special needs
- Groundswell — supporting the Bermuda Lion Fish culling programme to rid Bermuda's reefs of this invasive predator
- Ocean Vet — a 12 part documentary exploring the marine species around Bermuda